Sunday, March 11, 2012

Star Shard Week: Favorites


There may be minor spoilers for some parts of the story during Star Shard Week. 

Welcome to the final day of Star Shard Week!
Don't forget to check out The Star Shard author Frederic S. Durbin's final Star Shard Week post over on his blog.

Thank you for joining us during this week of reflection upon the world of "The Star Shard." From late 2007 through early 2009 I completed 39 paintings for "The Star Shard." It was the most expansive project I had worked on before I wrote and illustrated The Explorer's Guide to Drawing Fantasy Creatures. I'm honored to have played a part in the telling of Cymbril's story.

To bring Star Shard Week to a close, I'd like to share some of my favorite paintings from "The Star Shard" not yet featured on the blog.

Sleeping Urrmsh
Illustration for "The Star Shard" Cricket Magazine, July/August 2008

Cymbril in the Grape Arbor
Illustration for "The Star Shard" Cricket Magazine, September 2008

 
Telepathic Magic
Illustration for "The Star Shard" Cricket Magazine, September 2008

Cymbril to the Rescue!
Illustration for "The Star Shard" Cricket Magazine, October 2008

Stuck!
Illustration for "The Star Shard" Cricket Magazine, October 2008
Goodbye, Urrt
Illustration for "The Star Shard" Cricket Magazine, February 2009

If you enjoyed this wondrous week of posts, I hope you'll make a journey of your own into the world of The Star Shard! Thanks for reading!

The Star Shard, by Frederic S. Durbin, is a fantasy adventure story about Cymbril, a girl on a journey of self-discovery.

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures with the interesting commentary! I thoroughly enjoyed this week of posts, especially since I read the Cricket version of The Star Shard some time back and have just finished the novel. I love your paintings of the Urrmsh! They look gentle yet powerful, just as I would imagine them.

Emily Fiegenschuh said...

Thanks for writing, Dorothy. I'm glad you enjoyed the posts!