Monday, February 27, 2017

Emerald City Comicon 2017 is This Week!

Hello to those of you who are still reading! It's sad to look at my 2016 post count compared to previous years. Few people use Blogger much anymore, and a lot of my attention has been redirected to my Instagram account. However, I still hope to post more than just news here, even if it's not as frequently as before.

Today is just one of those news posts, though: Emerald City Comicon is upon us once again, and this year it's early! I can't remember if it has ever been held this early in March before. The convention begins this Thursday, March 2nd, and continues through Sunday, March 5th.

ECCC has continued to expand in both size and attendance year after year. Since I started exhibiting in 2011, Artist Alley went from taking up one small section of the Exhibit Hall, to two, to three. (Then it was reduced back to two.) This year, Artist Alley will no longer be split up in different areas of the Hall. Instead the entire thing has moved up to the 6th floor of the Washington State Convention Center accessible via a different set of escalators and elevators on the 4th floor. I'm interested to see how the new location will feel. If you're attending the con, please don't forget to visit us upstairs!

I will be at table T-5 in Artist Alley at this new location. Please check out the maps below:

Click to enlarge

Hey look –– there's my table!

I'll have my typical items for sale: my new-ish sketchbook Fabled Earth, copies of The Explorer's Guide to Drawing Fantasy Creatures, prints, note cards and a small selection of original art.

In other convention news, I have a busy schedule planned this year that will have me attending shows on both coasts and in the midwest. Two weeks after ECCC, from March 17th through 19th, I will be exhibiting at Mythicworlds Seattle for the first time. Mythicworlds is a convention focused on myth and folklore and the art, music and crafts it inspires. This convention is held at the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel near the Seattle-Tacoma Airport.

Later in the summer, I will attempt to make up for my emergency cancellation of last year by joining Gen Con for its 50th anniversary from August 17th through 20th.

Finally, I will be going to IlluXcon in Reading, PA for the first time to exhibit my work in the Showcase on the evenings of October 20th and 21st. IlluXcon, or "IX" as it's now being called, is less like a typical convention and more like an art show focused on fantastic art –– especially art that has been created traditionally. Many collectors travel to IX each year to see what their favorite artists have been working on. I'm excited to do the same.

I hope to meet you at one of the shows!

No comments: