Friday, June 24, 2011

The Explorer's Guide to Drawing Fantasy Creatures

Those of you who frequent my website may have already seen this announcement: my first book, The Explorer's Guide to Drawing Fantasy Creatures, will be released (or should I say unleashed, heh heh) at the end of July! It's a 144 page how-to-draw book aimed at a beginning to intermediate audience that includes basic art tips and information, guidance for designing creatures, and step-by-step instruction for drawing fantasy critters and their various features and accessories. It also features a whole bunch of brand new full color creature paintings! The Explorer's Guide to Drawing Fantasy Creatures is published by Impact Books, is available for pre-order online right now, and will be in stores this summer.

Please subscribe to my blog for updates about the book, special demonstrations, contests and other fun stuff!

5 comments:

Vinod Rams said...

I've seen the book, and it looks amazing!

Rickart said...

I think I will be picking this up for my Daughter! Nice work!

The Fey Haven said...

I can't wait to get your book :) It looks great :)

Anonymous said...

I love your work and one of the things I'd like to read from you is a guide to painting fantasy creatures with gouache and watercolors.

I hope that's in your next book :)

Emily Fiegenschuh said...

Thanks, sirgazil! There is one short painting demo at the end of the book, but I'd love to do a follow up book that covers painting in-depth. We'll see if this book sells well whether my publisher will entertain the idea. :)

Thanks, everyone, for your comments!